Tuesday 2 October 2007

Having reached the top


Of course we had to cross the suspension bridge over the falls. But I hate heights. I really do. Even knowing hundreds of thousands of people had crossed the bridge before me, I still had to reach down deep inside me to pluck up the courage to walk across. Not the most enjoyable experience in my life let me tell you. Suspension bridges in Canada somehow all seem to have some sway in them and of course it was just my luck that this bridge was frequented by joggers. I don't like joggers!


Anyway before crossing I did take some time to see behind the falls. The Montmorency rivers looked so placid. Seeing them like that made it hard to imagine that that much water flowing over the edge could be that impressive. So unlike the peaceful mirror up top.

Deep breath! Despite my fears I couldn't not look over the side of the railing. In one word: Wow!




Taken from the observation deck on the other side of the bridge.


The final photo of La Chute Montmorency. Back on terra firma before we make our way back down to go find a place to spend the night and find out where the bus station is located. Tomorrow we travel to Montreal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The feeling is unique, no? I never feel something like that after! :-)
-xxx-
Lau

Gerard said...

I have a love of waterfalls, locks and weirs that stems from childhood. We grew up next to a river in Ireland and I've always had this love for the sound and sights of water. Being that high up is scary and thrilling at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I mean! :-)
So you're the "wather type"? Now I've got a lot of idea of place to bring you for good picture! :-)